Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian23
Reel Rookie

Cost of 2021 Ultra is $100.00 more than 2020 model why???

Why can you tell me??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Cost of 2021 Ultra is $100.00 more than 2020 model why???

Without any context, it's hard to answer this.  My GUESS would be that you found someone who decided to charge a lot for a Roku, and decided that referring to it as "2021 model" would make it sell. 

What model is it actually?  How about a link?  The current Roku Ultra is the 4800, released in October 2020.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Where are you seeing these prices?

To my knowledge the latest Ultra released is the model 4800, released in October 2020.   

Ultra is normally $99.99, currently on sale from Roku thru June 12, 2021 for $69.99.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
atc98092

Obviously a 3rd party seller that is attempting to make a huge profit because someone doesn't do some research before buying. I'd stay far away from any such dealer. 

It's on Amazon right now for $69, assuming you are in the US: https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Streaming-Bluetooth-Headphone-Shortcuts/dp/B08G9TJWW9/

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
renojim

Any time I see a listing that just lists a year, or worse "latest model", I pretty much avoid it altogether.  Always check the model number.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos