Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kac0802
Level 7

Control Roku with CEC

Is it possible to control any Roku device with CEC? I currently have the Roku Ultra, but would be willing to buy a different device if it supports this.

What I'm looking for is the ability to do any/all of the following through CEC (in order of priority):

•  Left/Right/Up/Down/OK
  •  Launch specific channels
  •  Rest of the keys available on the remote
  •  Mute
  •  Search

Ultimately, I would like to be able to use a Raspberry Pi to be able to control the Roku to some extent so that I can connect it to my home automation. Thus I would be able to do things like: dim my lights, turn on the TV, switch to Roku, launch Netflix, and choose my profile with 1 press of a button.

Quick summary of what CEC is for those who don't know: CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) allows you to control a device through the HDMI cable. The Roku Ultra already supports using CEC to control other devices (e.g. Power On, Switch Input, etc), but I'm not sure if you can use it to control the Roku.

0 Kudos