Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyfisher46
Level 7

Continuous play

Roku apparently disabled my original Roku box in order to force me to purchase a new one.  I now have Roku Express and it has a feature I detest.  It automatically begins the next program in a series without being asked to.  Since I typically fall asleep watching Netflix documentaries, it is a MAJOR pain in the **bleep** the next time I want to watch the program.  I have to figure out where it was when I fell asleep, not easy to do when Roku is many programs ahead of where it should be.  My old box would stop at the end of a program and await instructions.  A good feature.  Is there anyplace where I can delete this auto-play feature in express?  Does the Streaming stick do the same thing or does it enable me to control what plays next?  If it does the same thing, Roku needs to reverse its rectal-cranial position and delete that auto play feature.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Strega
Level 14

Re: Continuous play

I believe the apps/channels are always in control of things like this.

Goto netlix.com, login, (profile picture in upper right), manage profiles, select your profile.  Here I turn off both autoplay next episode on all devices and autoplay previews on all devices.  (Leave the latter set if you like them.)