Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulpalmer
Level 7

Continue watching across channels

Is it possible for Roku to keep track of what we watch on which channel and have a Recently Watched selection? I switch between multiple channels and sometimes I can't remember what I watched last and on what channel. 

7 REPLIES 7\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Continue watching across channels

Thanks for the note. There isn't currently functionality that offers that type of feature, but that sounds like an interesting addition for the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community! Feel free to add your thoughts there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

MrJohnson
Level 7

It's amazing to me that this isn't a standard feature. I just spent $104 on a Roku and upon starting to use it I discover there's no "continue watching" section. Unbelievable. And I can't return a used Roku. I'm really not happy right now.

Pilotalan
Level 7

Agreed.  I'm new to Roku, if I leave a program to check news or run an errand, there's no way to pick up where I left off?  Crazy!

Should
Level 7

NO WATCHLIST???? NO LAST SHOW WATCHED??? NO RECORD OF WHAT YOU WATCHED???

This is so far beyond stupid that I have no words. Have these people EVER USED A TV? Have they EVER used a streaming service. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FARKING UNUSABLE. I am returning this device and insisting on a full refund and posting this information on every website that sells Roku. I am also selling my $ROKU stock. NO WATCHLIST ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FARKING MINDS???!!!!  That's like making a remote WITHOUT A VOLUME BUTTON. I am disgusted beyond words. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

What channel/app?  Each channel/app provides its own features.  There is no global watched list that spans multiple channels/apps if that's what you're looking for. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Should
Level 7

Thank you for replying! Having calmed down a little, I realize that Roku is a platform/hardware distinct from other streaming situations. Maybe. While you're absolutely right that each channel/App provides its own features, Roku is arguably akin to, say, Amazon Prime which integrates multiple different apps for example. And A) I'd think it should be able to tell what was last watched through IT; and B) Assuming it can't know what show was chosen as it is, let's say, more loosely organized, then it should at least be able to put front and center which APP/"channel" was last watched, E.g. Free Movies or Pluto or xxxx.

I have ... what? 170 of these on my Roku, and just like other people I'm watching shows on Netflix and BBC America and Cable and Amazon Prime and HBO Max and ... and ... and ... so maybe it's three days before I go back to Roku and then go "now WHAT was I watching?"With no watchlist and no suggestion of what channel/app I was watching it becomes an exercise in complete frustration and insanity.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/bd-p/Wishlist

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos