Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
castle57

Re: Constant HDCP error every time I turn on TV

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I have to turn the tv off, unplug the roku from the tv then plug it back in. It works fine after that but it happens each time that I start streaming a program. Sometimes it happens when I go from one program to another. Did you figure out how to fix it? 

0 Kudos
JeffSharon
Channel Surfer

Constant HDCP error on 2 TV's and 2 different ROKU streamers

Jump to solution

I have the issue on 2 TV's with 2 different ROKU streamers.  Almost every time I power on the TV I get the error.  The easiest fix is to turn the TV off and wait 30 secs and turn it on.  But... this just started about a month ago so what release did you guys put out that's causing this.  I've had both ROKU's for at least 6 months.  It has to be your problem.  I'd appreciate a fix not a constant referral to a support article...

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Constant HDCP error on 2 TV's and 2 different ROKU streamers

Jump to solution

@JeffSharon, not too long ago a "power saving" "feature" was added to some Roku devices.  See if you have it by going to Settings->System->Power and if you do try disabling it.  It's proven to be more trouble than it's worth for many people.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JeffSharon,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are still experiencing an issue with you are receiving an HDCP error with your Roku device, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Joedirect
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of this info you say is under "About" is there. Just Ip address etc. 

0 Kudos
c__port

Re: Nothing works Constant HDCP error

Jump to solution

Changing the power saving option seems to have worked for me. Prior to setting this, I was getting the HDCP error every 2-3 minutes. 

0 Kudos