Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjgeddis
Channel Surfer

Constant HDCP error

Jump to solution

I am getting really frustrated with Roku. First when they updated to 9.3.0, they changed the app libraries so that Mezzmo failed to load until Conceiva uploaded a new app version. I ended up rolling back the update to 9.2.0. It's been 2 weeks with no issues. NOW I get constant HDCP errors. I do everything listed to resolve the error and it still pops up. ROKU SUCKS! Wasted $100 on a piece of **bleep**! Never again Roku, I am letting everyone I know not to purchase your junk. Owned the unit less than a year... Going back to my Sony Blu Ray to stream. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Constant HDCP error

Jump to solution

@jjgeddis 

Thanks for the post.

For more information and troubleshooting steps regarding HDCP errors, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jjgeddis 

Thanks for the post.

For more information and troubleshooting steps regarding HDCP errors, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Just1L

Jump to solution

I found this article about constant HDCP errors and how to avoid them. I ordered a splitter today. I'll let y'all know if this works.

0 Kudos
Ghayes

Re: Constant HDCP error!!!!!!!

Jump to solution

I am having this issue. I bought a new HDMI cord and switched ports on the TV, followed the reset options and nothing is working. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Constant HDCP error!!!!!!!

Jump to solution

Hi @Ghayes,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

First, have you tried to check more tips and troubleshooting steps for HDCP error here: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Moremovies

Constant HDCP error every time I turn on TV

Jump to solution

I have followed every fix step to the letter. Works and I watch my shows. Next time I turn it on, same error, follow same steps and it starts working. Yet again when I use roku again, same error, same steps. In a vicious cycle of roku mot working every time I turn the TV on. Really loved roku now I REALLY hate it. What a waste. 

Moremovies

Nothing works Constant HDCP error

Jump to solution

I have followed every fix step to the letter. Works and I watch my shows. Next time I turn it on, same error, follow same steps and it starts working. Yet again when I use roku again, same error, same steps. In a vicious cycle of roku mot working every time I turn the TV on. Really loved roku now I REALLY hate it. What a waste. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nothing works Constant HDCP error

Jump to solution

@Moremovies, see if you have a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power and if so disable it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rayt30

Re: Constant HDCP error regardless of number of times it is 'fixed'

Jump to solution

Did you read the poster's problem?  He said he has tried all your fixes as well as more advanced, and NOTHING works.  I have the same problem on 1 television, that is showing HDCP1.4,  I have other tv;s, one showing HCDP 1.2 that got the error, I followed the steps and it is fine. Another has HCDP 2.2, and never had a problem. The one with 1.4 errors EVERY DAY.  I can fix it with the steps provided EVERY DAY, then 24 hours later, I get the same **bleep** MESSAGE.  This started within the last few weeks, I have been using the same ROKU device for 2 years on that television without a problem...all of a sudden, it is the SAME PROBLEM every day and requires the procedure EVERY DAY.  What is wrong with you people?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Constant HDCP error regardless of number of times it is 'fixed'

Jump to solution

@rayt30

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing an issue with HDCP errors with the latest OS 11.0 update, we would recommend posting and providing the information that we have requested in this thread.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos