Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urbnsr
Level 9

Consistent Menu Layout Throughout Channels?

Jump to solution

We're trying to replace cable TV and are considering either a Roku player or Roku TV.

As I search and find content to stream, I am getting the feeling that we will need to use more than one content provider (Roku, Hulu, Netflix, Plex, etc) to get away from cable TV. I am finding that each provider's web browser menu navigation layout is somewhat different from other provider's navigation. I can mostly navigate through these differences without too many issues, but would still like to make it easier to scan/search through all the available content.

If a channel is available for the Roku, will the menu layout for each of these channels be the same Roku's menu layout to search/play their content or does the Roku simply load the content providers app leaving us to use the content provider's system?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Level 16

Re: Consistent Menu Layout Throughout Channels?

Jump to solution

Roku is mainly just a platform for developers to write for. Most apps/channels tend to have the same general format across devices. Basically, everybody has their own method. There could even be copyright and patent issues that affect certain layouts and features.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
andyross
Level 16

Re: Consistent Menu Layout Throughout Channels?

Jump to solution

Roku is mainly just a platform for developers to write for. Most apps/channels tend to have the same general format across devices. Basically, everybody has their own method. There could even be copyright and patent issues that affect certain layouts and features.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos