Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Compatibility Models with X or R?

Jump to solution

I purchased my 2019 Roku Ultra through Amazon and after setup, on the device info screen, it shows I have a 4670X. I was keeping an eye on the Roku.com site and saw the model# sold there is 4670R. (I am aware of the special Walmart version, 4670W). Is there a difference between the X compared to the R? If so, what are the differences? If there any differences should i be concerned and return back to Amazon? I reviewed all other relevant posts, searched the good old internet and am unable to uncover any differences. I did however view the post regarding the 4670X connecting at slower speeds.
I'm wondering if I should have purchased directly through Roku...(buyer's remorse)...anyone?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: 4670X vs 4670R

Jump to solution

The x suffix is usually on-line models where the r stands for retail, one you'll find brick & mortar stores. But the supply chain gets mixed up you  could find r online and x in the store. Nothing is different between them.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: roku 3930x vs. 3930r?

Jump to solution

Ignore anything after the digits.  R vs. X vs. RW are all the same.  It just indicates where it was purchased.

-JT

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

The x suffix is usually on-line models where the r stands for retail, one you'll find brick & mortar stores. But the supply chain gets mixed up you  could find r online and x in the store. Nothing is different between them.

Edmund

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Tivoburkee... Thank you very much. Its working great... I'll keep it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Compatibility Models with X or R?

Jump to solution

My current Roku 3000x does not support Apple TV plus and I want to get one that does. I looked at the list of compatible models and the numbers end in X but when I look at the models for sale the numbers end in R or RW. Is the X just generic, meaning only the digits matter? I just want to be sure I’m getting the right thing because my present model works fine, I just want to get Apple,

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Compatibility Models with X or R?

Jump to solution

The device itself has the x in model number, where the retail box which includes the roku and its accessories as a whole has r or if sold at walmart rw. it really is meaningless to the consumer.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

roku 3930x vs. 3930r?

Jump to solution

My existing Roku Stick 3600X does not support AppleTV+ app. In looking for a replacement, 3930X is noted to support this app. However, only available purchase option is shown as 3930R. Are this two different models with the "R" UNABLE to support Apple TV+?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: roku 3930x vs. 3930r?

Jump to solution

Ignore anything after the digits.  R vs. X vs. RW are all the same.  It just indicates where it was purchased.

-JT

0 Kudos