Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willie80
Reel Rookie

Comparisons

Jump to solution

Currently there's a discount on the small #streambar.  Is the streaming function better or the same as that in a stream stick?  What are community impressions of the sound quality from the streambar?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Comparisons

Jump to solution

I can't speak to the audio quality, as I've never seen one in person. But for the streaming functionality within the streambar, it should be equivalent to a Premiere or Streaming Stick+. But it has some items that the Stick or Premiere doesn't offer, such as a USB port for playing media from an external drive, or an optional Ethernet network connection. It appears to include a WiFi direct remote, same as the Stick. It also has an optical output for sending audio to an AVR. 

I would expect it should sound better than any TV with built in speakers. And it also supports adding the Roku wireless speakers for rear surround and the Roku wireless subwoofer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I can't speak to the audio quality, as I've never seen one in person. But for the streaming functionality within the streambar, it should be equivalent to a Premiere or Streaming Stick+. But it has some items that the Stick or Premiere doesn't offer, such as a USB port for playing media from an external drive, or an optional Ethernet network connection. It appears to include a WiFi direct remote, same as the Stick. It also has an optical output for sending audio to an AVR. 

I would expect it should sound better than any TV with built in speakers. And it also supports adding the Roku wireless speakers for rear surround and the Roku wireless subwoofer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Willie80
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Very helpful.  I use a stream stick+ now, so I wondered if the streambar would upgrade the streaming capability.  Apparently the two are equal.  Yes, the added connectivity could be useful.  
another separate question.  Stream stick+ and streambar come with remotes.  Neither has an audio plug for private listening. Can the remote with that feature be bought separately?  Will the function work just by changing the remote?

0 Kudos