Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dogbpye
Level 7

Commercial skipping ? Fast forward scanning

Just bought a stream stick plus. Does this device scan fast forward where you can see the picture ? Also is there a way to skip commercials. ?

i know I can say skip ahead an amount of time. But what about my above questions 

is there a roku device that does this ?

#fastfowardscanning. #skippingcommercials

4 Replies
Hennad
Level 7

Re: Commercial skipping ? Fast forward scanning

Any way to bump this request? I have the same question 

#skippingcommercials 

cocobru
Level 7

I have the same issue and would pay to be able to skip commercials whenever and wherever I found them...

CharlieDrews
Level 7

Bumping this question as well.  Inquiring minds would love to know.

0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 10

Umm...yeah. You can't skip commercials. If an app says there will be 5 of them, you can stop the stream and hope if when it restarts there is only one, but that is a **bleep** shoot (and almost always takes longer than watching the ad anyway). Really, did you honestly think you can skip commercials on "free" apps? My personal goal is to try and see how many times it takes to stop a video on Youtube before they decide I don't want to watch a commercial. One of these days I hope to hit 100 times before I get tired.

edit...really Roku? "c r a p" is "verboten"? What about context?

0 Kudos