Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Berrishaker
Level 7

Closed captioning will not turn off

I have the closed captioning turned off on my player and all my apps but it is still on the screen. I've checked the tv too. Anyone else having issues or have a fix? I went as far to do a factory reset on it also.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Closed captioning will not turn off

@Berrishaker wrote:
I have the closed captioning turned off on my player and all my apps but it is still on the screen. I've checked the tv too. Anyone else having issues or have a fix? I went as far to do a factory reset on it also.

Depending on the channel, the closed caption function is controlled within the channel itself. They ignore the caption settings of the Roku itself. Amazon and Netflix are two examples. You might even be able to control the captions from a web page for the service itself. I don't use Netflix any longer, but I recall that captions could be controlled within the user account profile. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Berrishaker
Level 7

Re: Closed captioning will not turn off

I've checked all the apps too and cc is turned off on them also
0 Kudos