Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LittleBear
Level 7

Closed Captions no longer working after 9.4 update

I've spent quite a while looking for answers to my recent problem with Roku, initially thinking the troubles I was experiencing might be with the individual channels/platforms.  Obviously I have come to the conclusion that the issues stem from this newest upgrade.  I, too, have multiple Rokus throughout my home and they have all suffered as a result of this newest upgrade.  My main problem is that the closed-captioning on my Roku channels either no longer work (when I try to engage the option as per the channel instructions the device reverts back to the main Roku screen) or the captioning is about 5 minutes behind (on all Sling channels).  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TRLIMGS
Level 8

Re: Closed Captions no longer working after 9.4 update

LittleBear, truly sorry to hear about your situation. It is sad to now hear the CC portion is yet another item affected by the most recent software download. Our issue is NO connection at all on our later units. The Express & Express Plus are both down with similar issues of no real service at all. Your issue appears to be different again if your at least seeing video and can communicate with the channels. Good luck and I sincerely hope we ALL see some service repair ASAP.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LittleBear 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jihope_Noona
Level 7

I have the same delimma with my device. I have no way of comparing it because this is my first time to use this device. I hope there's a new update to resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos
Rumor69
Level 8

Captions are working for me on Amazon Prime and Netflix, but NOT HBO Now. They def used too.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jihope_Noona @Rumor69 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos