Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tahiggins

Closed Captions get turned off

Jump to solution

I recently subscribed to the Friendy Channel to watch Hallmark movies.  The problem is that closed captions do not display on the Hallmark Channel in addition, each time I watch Hallmark then return to home it turns my closed captions off in my Roku settings ?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Closed Captions get turned off

Jump to solution

@Maxedwell

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Hallmark Movies support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hallmark Movies support here: https://customercare.hmnow.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RussO,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We suggest starting with the link below for instructions in activating and customizing closed captions on Netflix.

If the issue still persists with closed captioning turning off, we recommend contacting Netflix support directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries.
Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Maxedwell
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem here and I wish someone could answer. I’m watching a movie about the Irish and with their accent it is very difficult to understand! Maybe we should ask the ADA?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Maxedwell

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Hallmark Movies support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hallmark Movies support here: https://customercare.hmnow.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RussO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is happening on Netflix as well!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RussO,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We suggest starting with the link below for instructions in activating and customizing closed captions on Netflix.

If the issue still persists with closed captioning turning off, we recommend contacting Netflix support directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries.
Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crispy983

Jump to solution

It's happening on EVERY channel.  This is  ROKU's problem, not the individual channels.  Every  episode  the subtitles turn off 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Crispy983,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please be noted that Closed captions are available only when the service provider (e.g., Netflix, The Roku Channel, or Hulu) includes them with their content. Check with the service provider for information about the availability of closed captions.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to enable closed captioning | Official Roku Support 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos