Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elmer_Fudd_Gant
Streaming Star

Closed Captioning will not stay set to ‘On Replay’

It immediately changes back to ‘Off’ most of the time or ‘On Always’ occasionally.  Those two settings will stick.  Only ‘On Replay’ ...the one I want...will not stick.  Used to work fine until the most recent OS update.

10 REPLIES 10
Swimmom3

Re: Closed Captioning will not stay set to ‘On Replay’

I'm having the same problem. I wasn't aware there was an update.  We just got our Roku about 6 weeks ago and it suddenly stopped working so I was wondering if it was a bad device, but it must have updated and stopped working.  It would be nice if it would start working again as I loved this feature!

Elmer_Fudd_Gant
Streaming Star

I found an odd workaround that is... so far... working.   When cycling through the options... clear the the left instead of the right.  If I right arrow it won’t stick... but if I left arrow to it... it will.

Youngpepper
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I tried using the left arrow and so far it's working.

Ja0680

I noticed this after the Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  upgrade as well.  The left arrow does seem to work, but I wish they would fix this. 

Youngpepper
Reel Rookie

I found the left arrow solution to work for awhile but now this has ceased. Surely Roku will find a way to re-establish closed captioning as it is a very important feature for many people. Going out of an app to set it up in Roku's main settings each time is not an acceptable solution. 

jrose131
Reel Rookie

Same issue. Left-arrow workaround was a good find but would love for developers to fix this bug. Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

Tags (2)
chezjim
Binge Watcher

This is really disgraceful. The "Recent Channels" setting does the same thing - keeps switching back. I just tried the Left Arrow solution, so we'll see.

But, seriously?

davekirby

I don't see how to do this left key thing (or ot is not working). Could someone explain the left key technique further?

jweisler

Has anybody found a real solution to this? It's incredibly annoying and only recently started happening to me. I choose "On Replay" for the closed caption settings and then exit that menu. If I go back in, it may "stick" immediately, but once I go to a service (e.g. HBOMax) it doesn't work. When I go back and look within the "Accessibility" menu, the setting is reverted back to "Off". 

0 Kudos