Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lou2k7
Reel Rookie

closed captions keeps getting enabled on multiple channels

Not sure what changed. But closed captions keep getting re-enabled. How can this be locked down?

I have multiple Roku devices and its happening on the all.  Turn off closed captions today, and there re-enabled  again tomorrow. this just started recently.  Might happen more often. But I'll come home and turn on the roku in the afternoon and its the closed captions are on again. Turn them always off. seems fine til the next day.

Yes I went into the accessibility and turned of always off.  I've delete the channels I use, and reinstalled.

Didn't used to have this issue. so not sure whats going on. But its happening on 3 different roku models and it happens on the slingtv channel, hdhomerun, plex, tennis channel and others.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: closed captions keeps getting enabled on multiple channels

@Lou2k7

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further should it happen again in the future.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Liz61

Same thing is happening to me I’ve had this device for probably 3 years and never been an issue before. It is driving us nuts and even happens if we are on live tv deactivate captions go to an app back to tv and the captions are there again. Software is up to date. I don’t want to do factory reset and then have to set up all my channels and logins again 

device number YL00GE145721

model 4700TL
deviceiID AK27AG145721

software 10.0.03 build 6071-43

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Liz61

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ben63vw

This has been happening on my older Streaming Stick+ and now on the newest one I got.  Seems like it happens after it's been turned off for some time, haven't narrowed it down to how long it takes, definitely when I turn it back on the next day after work.IMG_20211207_170400.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ben63vw

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you disabled subtitles within your Roku device, as well as the channels you are playing content in? Are the subtitles coming back on with all channels or specific channels?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dadrepus

Problem still exists with subtitles always being on after I come back to Roku from Live TV. So,I am on regular tv and decide to go to roku to watch some streaming shows. Go to the Philo app and subtitles are working on every show. This is after I have gone into my preferences the previous night on the Roku and turned OFF CC. It comes back. I would thing after all this time you would have been able to fix this. If I back out of Philo and go to my Roku preferences and turn off CC then Philo performs without subtitles but it changes back the next day. Why can't OFF stay OFF until "I" turn it back on?

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

@Dadrepus

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:
-Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos