Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wyvern
Channel Surfer

Clock screensavers stopped working after update

Jump to solution

I've noticed that in the past few days, my roku will go to a black screen instead of displaying the Analog Clock screensaver. It was after an update that changed the available default options for the backgrounds, so it might be something to do with the new backgrounds. I checked the preview for the screensavers on a whim, and both the clock options just show a black screen.

It's not a big deal, since I have more than enough clocks in my living room and the logo rain screensaver is just as dark, but I thought I should say something just in case it's a bigger problem than just the screensavers not showing up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wyvern
Channel Surfer

Re: Clock screensavers stopped working after update

Jump to solution

The issue seems to have been solved by yesterday's update. I noticed that the screensavers were back to normal after previewing the analog clock to get the tracker id.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wyvern,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention to Roku Community! 
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
3. When did this issue first start occurring? 
4. Can you please provide the Software OS/version by going to Settings > System > About?
Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wyvern
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The answers to your questions are:
1. I am using a roku stick model 3500x.
2. The screen goes completely black, almost as if it's not even on rather than a typical black screen.
3. The problem started with the analog clock a 2-3 days before I posted, I found that the digital clock screensaver was having the same problem, probably 30 minutes before posting about it, after checking if the analog clock was the only screensaver with the problem.
4. software version: 11.0.0 build 4161-09

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Wyvern

Thanks for the follow up.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wyvern
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The issue seems to have been solved by yesterday's update. I noticed that the screensavers were back to normal after previewing the analog clock to get the tracker id.

0 Kudos