Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirtcrew51m
Binge Watcher

Clearstream channel antenna

To use the clearstream app do I need to use the clearstream amplifier or will any similar amplifier work?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Clearstream channel antenna

Looking at the Clearstream channel info page, it appears to work the same as my Silicon Dust HDHomeRun. This is a network based OTA TV tuner. There's no requirement for an amplifier. But the channel does only work with the Clearstream network tuner. For my HDHomeRun, I have to use the Silicon Dust channel. The two are not interchangeable. 

Don't confuse the terms amplifier and tuner. Two completely different things. The tuner has two connections. One to your standard OTA TV antenna, and one for your home network. Depending on the number of tuners within the tuner box, you can watch different channels on different devices. My HDHomeRun has four internal tuners, including two ATSC 3.0 tuners for the upcoming changeover. An amplifier (in this context) would connect between the TV antenna and the tuner to improve a marginal OTA signal. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dirtcrew51m
Binge Watcher

Re: Clearstream channel antenna

Thanks.

0 Kudos