Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguelt
Reel Rookie

Re: City Stroll: Movie Magic

Jump to solution

Please tell us how you fix it

0 Kudos
Latoria
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The purple Roku City is still there and available, even if the screen saver for it appears blank. Type in "Movie Magic" and select it. Or try typing "City Stroll" and select, even if the still-shot looks different. I promise one of the two will work. I am in the Chicagoland area, if I remember correctly I think I had to type in "Movie Magic". The screen shot appeared blank or it said unavailable or something but I still selected it, and minutes later I had the purple Roku City back.

Let me know if this works or not.

0 Kudos
Miguelt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just see 1 and it appears in blank even if I write city stroll or movie magic.

0 Kudos
JimCockfield
Binge Watcher

Re: Unavailable movie magic screensaver

Jump to solution

Was this change sanctioned by  management?

If not, please investigate to see if an employee inappropriately profited from this change.

Like others, I have zero interest in Luca, and I certainly don't want to see a screensaver promoting this movie 

Also, I am strongly opposed to using the screensaver as an advertisement billboard.

I suspect that a large percentage of Roku users are very annoyed by this change. The sooner this issue is resolved, the better, if you want customers to keep using your products.

0 Kudos
gille5000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Definitely sanctioned by management. I follow Roku on Twitter and they are actively promoting this change. When I saw their tweet yesterday, virtually all the comments were complaining about it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

To prevent the Roku from switching to the "screen saver of the day":

Settings > System > Theme > Seasonal themes.
Set this to "off".

They are really stretching the definition of "Seasonal" lately.  Smiley Sad

I don't know what happens if you are set to use a screensaver that they discontinue.  I suspect it will continue until you change it, but then you will not be able to get it back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
gille5000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately it's not a seasonal change that you can turn off, they have actually replaced it with their paid promotion for the Disney+ movie. The only way to avoid the ad is to change to a different screensaver, which is what I did.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@gille5000 wrote:

Unfortunately it's not a seasonal change that you can turn off, they have actually replaced it with their paid promotion for the Disney+ movie. The only way to avoid the ad is to change to a different screensaver, which is what I did.

Yes, they replaced it (for now) - since its promotional, there is a good chance it will revert within a week.

0 Kudos
TiggerTwo2112
Channel Surfer

Where is City Stroll: Movie Magic

Jump to solution

The screensaver disappeared yesterday and is nowhere to be found when I searched for it. Can't imagine why it was yanked when it was so popular.  

0 Kudos
sam1967

Re: Where is City Stroll: Movie Magic

Jump to solution

same here i can't find it even it said it's installed

0 Kudos