Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_evans01
Visitor

Re: City Scroll Movie Magic NEW Screensaver

you can also add:
Castaway (the island with the ball)
Godzilla
Superman (Daily Planet Building)
The leg lamp from A Christmas story
the theater from the Majestic (i think)
the courthouse from Back to the Future

and now i'm waiting for the screen saver to kick in again.....
0 Kudos
jayblingham
Visitor

This screensaver is by far the only reason you need to buy a Roku device/TV 🙂

Now my on-topic comment:
- The table outside the restaurant makes me think "Lady and the Tramp".  Thoughts?

Is anyone else still looking for the 4th TMNT because why would there only be 3 and maybe Roku is making it challenging? 😄
vixen76
Visitor

My guess for the northern lights would be reference to Frequency
0 Kudos
hydrant

I have Premier Plus with latest updates. I added this screensaver app and set it as the screensaver but it opens up and then stays on the "home" page which slowly scrolls from right to left. However, it does NOT advance to any of the many movie scenes noted above. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
0 Kudos
mrmikeob
Visitor

My list (missed some, clearly):

Superman
The Iron Giant
Sleepless in Seattle
King Kong
Independence Day
Titanic
Joe vs. The Volcano (or Return of the King, more likely)
The Wizard of Oz (emerald city)
Godzilla
Escape from Alcatraz
Back to the Future (town hall, next to Psycho house)
Jaws (boat in harbor, you can see the fin)
Pirates of the Caribbean (that's the cracken around the Black Pearl)
Pixels (on billboard next to Roku bld)
Diner (not The Diner)
Castaway
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Mary Poppins

Submarine could also be The Russians Are Coming (obscure)

Surprised ET and Elliot aren't in front of the crescent moon

Where is Oscar the grouch?
0 Kudos
Diomedes
Visitor

I'm curious who the person was that designed the city scroll movie magic screensaver? Caught myself staring at it for the last half hour, lol... just wanted to tip my hat to them, whoever they are, it's really nice to look at!
thegmang
Visitor

"Diomedes" wrote:
I'm curious who the person was that designed the city scroll movie magic screensaver? Caught myself staring at it for the last half hour, lol... just wanted to tip my hat to them, whoever they are, it's really nice to look at!

I totally agree: I can stare at that scroll for a few episodes! C'mon, ROKU, give up the credit! Who designed it and can we purchase the vector?!?!
KaraRogue
Visitor

The small monsters with glowing eyes remind me of the movie Critters but they had red eyes. Other than that the size and shape is perfect and the space ship is similar to the one in the movie though I believe some of the items in general are generic and have been in multiple movies such as the Golden Gate bridge, Big Ben, the diner, the blimp, the volcano and the alien space ship. There are more but I don't have the energy to list them. Sorry it's late here. The leg lamp in the window is a nod to "A Christmas Story" for sure. This has been fun reading everyone's thoughts on which movies this screensaver reminded them of. All-in-all it's very fun to watch because I see something new each time.
butrovich

I am sure I am repeating from what other have said, but this is what I have come up with:

1. TMNT - three sets of glowing eyes around factory building. At first I thought Batteries Not Included, but Roku said "no" on their Facebook page.

2. Mickeys Dining Car - I have seen so many other movies mentioned too, such as "Pulp Fiction" or "Diner", but if you look at the shape of the building, it matches Mickey's best.

3. Forrest Gump - The bench with a box of chocolates

4. Singing in the Rain - The lamp with the umbrella next to it

5. Christmas Story - The fragile Leg Lamp in the top left window

6. Psycho - Complete with a hand holding a knife in the top left window.

7. Ghostbusters

8. The Majestic - the theater from Jim Carrey's movie

9. Blade Runner - The building composed of giant neon signs.

10. Roku Building - I think this is simply Roku people wanting to be in on the action

11. Back to the Future - The building with the clock, complete with hoverboard on the top of the stairs

12. Dr Who - The TARDIS parked on the front

13. Barbershop - the logo on the storefront is not exact, but the building looks closer than "Sweeny Todd"

14. Rear Window - The man upstairs with the binoculars.

15. Lady & the Tramp - the restaurant table at the bottom

16. The Graduate - the infamous sexy leg in front of the young man silhouetted in the top window.

*** by the way, the order of the front row of buildings changes randomly!

17. Castaway - The tropical island with the volleyball.

18. Wizard of Oz - The Emerald City with four people walking toward it.

19. The Island at the Top of the World - The zeppelin can be from other movies such as "Around the World in 80 Days", but that movie did not use a zeppelin. Maybe the "Hindenburg" movie from the 1970s?

20. Spiderman - I actually saw someone think this was Tarzan, but it is obviously Spiderman.

21. Pacific Rim - A lot of giant robot movie references, but this fits better than "Iron Giant". I believe the monster to the right is part of this movie reference, although I see a lot of "Godzilla" mentioned out there.

22. Hunt for Red October - that is a Russian submarine in the bay

23. Superman - The Daily Planet Building in the background

24. Avengers - The Stark Tower in the background

25. Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Devils Tower in the background

26. Escape from Alcatraz - The island with the light tower. Could also be "The Rock"

27. Pirates of the Caribbean - The Black Pearl ship under attack from the Kraken

28. Polar Express - The aurora borealis in the sky?

29. Sleepless in Seattle - The Space Needle in the background

30. King Kong - visible in the background.

31. Mars Attacks - Big Ben being destroyed by an alien ship. "Independence Day" is mentioned a lot, but is incorrect

32. Mary Poppins - The woman floating over London

33. Star Wars - the Death Star at the top of the screen

34. Titanic - The sinking ship and iceberg

35. Dracano - A dragon and a volcano? A very obscure movie. A lot of people say "Rodan", but this creature's tail is too long. Other guesses are Smaug, from the "Hobbit", but did he live in a volcano?

36. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The smokestacks below the volcano look interestingly similar to the 2005 movie factory.

37. Jaws - the shark following the small boat

Buildings and landmarks that have no movie reference I can find:

Transamerica Building, San Francisco

Large suspension bridge

Ferris Wheel (I believe to be a part of the London landscape from Mars Attacks)

Trade Center, NYC

Hollywood sign

Ravenswood smokestacks, NYC (with the Teenage Mutant Turtles hiding out)

AT&T Building, Nashville

0 Kudos

I think the table outside the diner is from Breakfast at Tiffany's. The three nuclear power plant chimneys could be from China Syndrome. The building with the fire escapes from Streetcar Named Desire? The castle in the back is the Emerald City from Wizard of Oz. But what robot is that marauding in the back there? Can't figure it out!
0 Kudos