Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigVinny

Channel Lineup on Multiple Express Devices

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Expresses, but I don't want the same channels on both.  Is that possible?  I don't want my kids' channels cluttering up my menu, and vice versa.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel Lineup on Multiple Express Devices

Jump to solution

It's not possible if both devices are linked to the same Roku user account. To have independent channels on each device, then each device needs its own Roku user account. And since you can't use the same email address for more than one account, that means multiple email addresses are necessary.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
atc98092

Jump to solution

It's not possible if both devices are linked to the same Roku user account. To have independent channels on each device, then each device needs its own Roku user account. And since you can't use the same email address for more than one account, that means multiple email addresses are necessary.

Dan

BigVinny

Jump to solution

Thank you.  That's irritating, but doable.  I appreciate the info.

@atc98092 wrote:

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Yeah, there are pros and cons to doing it this way. For the majority of users, it's probably a pro, so unlikely to be changed. But I could absolutely see a benefit of being able to designate one or more devices as a child device and allow only certain channels to be added. Probably not a simple task to program, though. 

Dan

0 Kudos