Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfris1964
Reel Rookie

Changing zipcode on my Roku 4k

I need to change my zipcode.

I have a 4k and went to settings to change it and there isn’t a listing to change the zipcode. It knows where I am but, I have no local channels. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Changing zipcode on my Roku 4k

Are you speaking about a Roku TV or a Roku device? If it’s a device which model do you have? If it’s a device you cannot enter a zip code and get locals. That’s not how it works. To get local channels you either need an antenna, cable tv or a live tv streaming service such as YouTube TV. Can you please provide more information. Are you trying to watch local channels such as NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox for free using your Roku device?

0 Kudos
jfris1964
Reel Rookie

I am using Sling TV. They told me, I have to change the zipcode with Roku. There is no place to change it in Settings.

I have a Roku 4K box.

Sling has local. I have to change the zip on the box, that’s what they said. 

I know Roku doesn’t work like a cable box. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Someone misinformed you about Sling. Sling only offers locals in certain areas. In my area they only offer NBC. Did you confirm with Sling which locals were available to you?  Your zip is in your Sling account and Roku account. It is also in your IP address. But with Sling you usually need an antenna. Sling only offers Fox and NBC in certain areas. Your better off with YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV or DirecTV Stream 

https://www.sling.com/help/en/subscription-programming-questions/channels-programming/local-channels

0 Kudos