Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fingerpicker
Level 7

Change startup screen

Jump to solution

Just bought a new Roku premiere 3920..with my older Rokus I was able to change the startup screen to the home screen with the channel apps. The premiere opens to a screen saver.. I can't find a way around this.. Any thoughts are appreciated 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
blade_005
Level 10

Re: Change startup screen

Jump to solution

Have you tried turning OFF Screensaver to see if it makes a difference?

[Content edited for product accuracy]

TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
blade_005
Level 10

Jump to solution

Have you tried turning OFF Screensaver to see if it makes a difference?

[Content edited for product accuracy]

TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Fingerpicker
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't have a Premiere device, but do you not have the option in SETTINGS -- SYSTEM -- POWER -- POWER ON to select which INPUT you want to power up to?

I don't have those options but at your suggestion I found the disable screen saver option and have done that.. Looks like it might solve the issue.. Thanks 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution

The other comments here reference a setting that only exists on a Roku TV. For a player, there's no setting for where the Roku first starts. They always start on the Roku home page. 

Are you saying that after a fresh power up the screensaver is the first thing you see? I've never seen anything like that. If you are waking the device from "sleep", I could see the screensaver appearing at first. Obviously, disabling the screensaver completely would eliminate that. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
mdmm55
Level 7

Jump to solution

On Main Raku Ultra (4660) screen ,I see app in large size.I want to minimize the size of these apps to smaller,so that maximum apps ,show up on main page.How can I do it.

0 Kudos