Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Casting not working at all on Roku Stick

Jump to solution

This problem started today and up until now I have had no issues. None of the apps which I have been casting from(YouTube and Netflix) are showing allowing me to cast. I restarted my router, phone and the Roku stick. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. The YouTube shows the casting symbol but my Roku is not showing as an option, Netflix is not displaying the casting symbol at all. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 14

Re: Casting not working at all on Roku Stick

Jump to solution

YouTube did release an Android app update in the last 24 hours - that being said, testing (with DIAL casting) I did yesterday and today (with the prior version and the latest version respectively) was consistent and successful from NF/YT on several different devices to several different devices (including several Rokus, LG TVs, FireTV and other Android/Android TV-based devices).

Verify your wireless configuration (2.4 or 5Ghz or both) hasnt changed, etc - try switching either/both the phone and/or the Roku from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz or vice versa and try again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 14

Jump to solution

YouTube did release an Android app update in the last 24 hours - that being said, testing (with DIAL casting) I did yesterday and today (with the prior version and the latest version respectively) was consistent and successful from NF/YT on several different devices to several different devices (including several Rokus, LG TVs, FireTV and other Android/Android TV-based devices).

Verify your wireless configuration (2.4 or 5Ghz or both) hasnt changed, etc - try switching either/both the phone and/or the Roku from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz or vice versa and try again.

View solution in original post

Level 7

Jump to solution

I did just get the option between 2G and 5G. Didn’t consider switching back to 2G. I will try it out! I appreciate the response!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue for me.

0 Kudos