Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Casting no longer supported

Hi all, 

I have had my Roku Premier for almost a year now and I have been able to cast Youtube videos from my laptop (Mac) onto my Roku. However, this morning the Roku option wasn't available. I also tried it on different websites and my phone. Still no luck. Any tips? 

My Roku is unable to go on the same WiFi network as my laptop and phone, but it has still worked in the past. I tried resetting both my Roku and laptop and still unable to get anything. 

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Casting no longer supported

Suddenly when I try casting from laptop, both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, say that Roku Ultra is "SOURCE NOT SUPPORTED". There have been recent updates to both browsers.  Perhaps they are intentionally designed to restrict casting.  I hope not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@R8tmo wrote:

Suddenly when I try casting from laptop, both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, say that Roku Ultra is "SOURCE NOT SUPPORTED". There have been recent updates to both browsers.  Perhaps they are intentionally designed to restrict casting.  I hope not.

Roku has never supported the chromecast functionality where you can cast any video tab or the full browser screen.   It is limited to the few apps that support casting at the applications level like YouTube, Netflix, and Plex.  With these the cast icon will appear in the browser window.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It would be a big help in this age of distance learning.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

9/20/20 - For the past 1.5 weeks I have been having issues with trying to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime.  While doing so I kept getting an on screen notice from "Google verifying it's me and that I was signed out of my account and to sign in again".

I have been trying to rectify this issue and now it seems it's because Roku Ultra is not supported by Google Chrome.

I have had nothing but problems with this Roku device.. First it was a problem with Voice narration back in Feb. 2020 as I could not make it stop.  Now this.

I would appreciate a fix from Roku so I may resume trying to use their product.

I look forward to their help.  Sooner is better than later.

thanks.

0 Kudos