Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Casting/Mirroring from iPhone X

Jump to solution
My Roku is connected to my iPhone X hotspot for internet connection. Is it possible to cast or mirror downloaded content from my phone to this device without a WiFi connection?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Casting/Mirroring from iPhone X

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Screen mirroring with a Roku device is not currently supported with iOS® or Apple devices. You currently can cast with compatible apps like Netflix and Youtube as well as display photos, videos, and music using the Play on Roku feature built into the Roku mobile app.

For more information regarding mirroring and the Roku mobile app, visit our Support pages here:
How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?
How do I cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from my phone to my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Casting/Mirroring from iPhone X

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Screen mirroring with a Roku device is not currently supported with iOS® or Apple devices. You currently can cast with compatible apps like Netflix and Youtube as well as display photos, videos, and music using the Play on Roku feature built into the Roku mobile app.

For more information regarding mirroring and the Roku mobile app, visit our Support pages here:
How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?
How do I cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from my phone to my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos