Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Casting Disney+ to roku 2 from android

I have a roku 2 3000x which doesn't seem to support Disney+. I was hoping to cast Disney+ from my android phone. Disney customer support says I have to turn on Screen Mirroring on the roku. I'm having trouble doing this, as I can't find the mirroring option under settings. Can anyone help me out? For reference, I have always been about to cast YouTube content from my android to my roku.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Casting Disney+ to roku 2 from android

Be aware that some apps can block casting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Also, some Android phones cannot cast to non-Chromecast devices.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I just did this today.  I went to the HOME screen in my Roku Ultra (on my tv).  

1. Access the settings menu. ...
  2. Select the System option. ...
  3. Access the Screen Mirroring section. ...
  4. Set up your Screen Mirroring preferences. ...

Now on your device (my laptop) - run the Action Center (this might be called something else on Android, I used Windows 10..  Do a connect.   You should see the screen on your tv - whatever you have on your android.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

The Roku 2 HD (3000) is 9 years old and no longer supported by Roku at all. My guess is it's not even capable of screen sharing. I could successfully screen share from an Android phone to a newer Roku player, but I've never tried it on a player that old. I do have a 3100 2 XS (same era), and I don't think it's capable.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos