Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cast to tv keeps popping up on my Roku

Jump to solution

All of a sudden today my Roku started having a pop up that says cast to tv.. this keeps interrupting our shows and we have to go back to the home screen and find out channel all over.. I've tried to figure out a way to fix it but I can't.. Any ideas would help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Cast to tv keeps popping up on my Roku

Jump to solution

I saw that for the first time today too.  Mine it said somebody from phone trying to cast to my Roku box. Which is impossible. They have to be in my wifi network first. hmm. My Roku is not connected to Wifi.

Any how. In Roku setting i disabled all casting. Go to setting -> System -> screen mirroring -> Screen mirroring mode = never allow

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I saw that for the first time today too.  Mine it said somebody from phone trying to cast to my Roku box. Which is impossible. They have to be in my wifi network first. hmm. My Roku is not connected to Wifi.

Any how. In Roku setting i disabled all casting. Go to setting -> System -> screen mirroring -> Screen mirroring mode = never allow

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Mine started doing the same thing last night.  I searched the Internet for a solution to no avail. I scanned the QR code on the screen and realized it was a pop up ad created from a an old app I used with chromecast.  I deleted the app from phone and the ad disappeared.

0 Kudos