Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cast to Roku with iPhone issue

When I select the cast icon on any app on my iPhone, it doesn’t give an option for any of my Roku devices. Everything is on the same network. All I see are the airplay options. Any ideas how to get this feature to work? I don’t want to mirror. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot stream from iPhone to TCL Roku TV

My iPhone 8 and Roku TV are on the same wireless network.  When I launch the Roku app on my phone, I am not able to stream content to the TV. I do not even see an option to stream. My phone does not appear as a Screen Mirroring Device on my TV.  Can someone help please?  Thx 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Cannot stream from iPhone to TCL Roku TV

That's not what the Roku app is for. It is basically an enhanced remote control you can use instead of, or in combination with, the hand-held remote that came with the unit.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to disable devices from "casting" on my Roku TV

@Poorjohnny @Marataba 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that screen mirroring with a Roku device is not supported with iOS® or Apple devices.

For more information about screen mirroring, visit our Support page here: How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos