Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karezza
Level 7

Captions

This week captions seem to stop working for me, and I notice the interface has changed a bit indicating an upgrade.

But, rather than address this problem specifically.  I want to ask about captions in general.

I have several foreign films and most of the times the captions work, but not always.  I can always go watch on my computer where the .srt files work perfectly.

What are some techniques to make Roku happy & play nice with captions? 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 8

Re: Captions

I think Roku has become less picky about SRTs. I used to have the occasional issue, but haven't in quite some time. I usually extract the subtitles myself and I always save them in UTF-8 encoding. If you want to send me an example of a file that doesn't work I can PM you my email address so I can take a look at it.

-JT
0 Kudos
karezza
Level 7

Re: Captions

Yes, let's give that a try. I can provide a couple that don't work for me.

"renojim" wrote:
I think Roku has become less picky about SRTs. I used to have the occasional issue, but haven't in quite some time. I usually extract the subtitles myself and I always save them in UTF-8 encoding. If you want to send me an example of a file that doesn't work I can PM you my email address so I can take a look at it.

-JT
0 Kudos