Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Captions

I've noticed that the text opacity of the Roku captions is very dim. Even at 100% text opacity the subtitle text isn't as bright as it should be. The only way to get it to stand out is to add the background opacity to 100% also, but I would like to have this at 25% so the black bars don't get in the way of the picture.

Isn't there a way to make the text opacity brighter? I've even tried different text colors, white, yellow etc but they all appear dim.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
MEMOM
Level 8

Re: Captions

I have been telling them this! THE FONTS ARE UNUSABLE. UNREADABLE. SEE THRU! THE IMAGE COMES THRU THE LETTERS. I feel this is discrimination. As they do not care about disabled people who depend on captions.
They have global settings now for captions too which means Rokus over ride the ones we set for Amazon and Netlfix. So, the horrible ones on Roku show up. Even if you TURN THEM OFF in the Roku main settings!
massive bugs.

0 Kudos
MEMOM
Level 8

Re: Captions

And I can't use the bar in back ground. It is too distracting. I agree. But that is THE ONLY WAY you can possibly see their letters

0 Kudos