Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kharrisma
Level 7

Captioning keeps turning itself back on at random.

Hi Forum Folks,

I have a Roku Premiere (I think) 4640X.  Recently, it has started turning the caption mode to "Always on" at random, and I have to keep going into settings to turn it back off.  A week later or so, suddenly it's back on again.

I haven't added any new channels for quite some time; what keeps turning it back on, and how do I prevent this from happening again?  Alternatively, is there any way to find out what keeps resetting the caption mode to "Always on"?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

Re: Captioning keeps turning itself back on at random.

See the other thread about the same subject:
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=100382
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
kharrisma
Level 7

Not only saw the thread, but posted on it.

So, the upshot is that there IS no way to fix or prevent this from happening; we just have to keep blowing out to settings and manually turning it off?

Just great.  Is there anything digital out there that somebody hasn't found a way to "improve?"
0 Kudos
wallydog
Level 7

Last week I installed CBS sports app on my Express when I opened the app the captions were on and I found it was set to always . Later when I powered up my TCL bedroom tv the captions were also set to always . So there may be a conflict with certain apps or the installation of apps . May be there are flaws in the coding .
0 Kudos