Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t get out of guest mode

Jump to solution

So what account is it linked to and why isn't it linked to your account?  Did you call some scammer initially when you linked it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jdecker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe so. This is my very first tv I’ve bill purchased. I called the number I believed would activate it. They asked for the activation code to get started . After that, they proceeded to say they were technicians, and there would be a one time fee of either a basic plan for 3 years $79.99, or a premium plan of 5 years for $149.99. I knew something was wrong then, so I hung up. I called back later with an attempt to threaten to sue, and report their number to the BBB. Failed miserably with them telling me to get lost, get fu**ed, and go to **bleep**. I hold the reset button in the back for 25-30 seconds, and it just gets stuck into a recovery loop. When I re-connect back to the internet, it then updates, and goes back to guest mode where it says “get started”.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

You got that number because you searched for roku.com/link instead of entering the correct URL:  https://roku.com/link - they are two very different things!

Good job on realizing something was wrong.  They probably aren't in this country, so they aren't afraid of you, and note that they have absolutely nothing to do with Roku.  They're just scam artists.

Back to your problem... I don't know much about guest mode and I'm not certain that a factory reset will get you out of it, but when you hold in the reset button make sure the TV is turned on and hold in the reset button for no less than 30 seconds regardless of what's happening onscreen.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jdecker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah, I’ve tried all of that. Guess I’m just out of luck on this TV. Lesson learned.

0 Kudos
TFinesse

Jump to solution

How to fix this issue set by step.
1. First get to the guest mode screen where it says get started. (The root of the issue) 

2. Next turn off you tv and unplug it for 2 mins at least. Then plug the tv back in. (DO NOT Turn The Tv Back On.)

3. Then find the reset button located on the side of the tv, next to all the ports.

4. Once found get a pen or a paper clip and press and hold the reset button. (This will turn on the tv) Hold the button until the screen appear that lets you select the language.

5. At this point you have factory reset you tv and are out of guest mode. 

6. Log into your Roku tv with an email you have access to and sign in or create a account.

7. Bing Bang Boom your set to start streaming

JamesAutoDude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sadly they don't even let you see who's account it's signed into!!! Normally you can find an About section in the system settings but they disable that in guest mode so you'll never know if you're on the right account or not 😒

0 Kudos
EVANAYA209

Jump to solution

You have to factory reset the Roku device. For a Roku streaming device (for example, Roku 4, Roku Premiere, etc.), you need a paper clip to press the little reset button on the back. Hold it for 10 seconds, then release. For a Roku TV, you may also need a paper clip. The reset button should be by the AUX input. Same thing, hold it for 10 seconds and your device will be reseted. If this does not work, reset the device and return it to the store you got it from and get a new one.

Good luck,

Eligh Anaya

0 Kudos
CEM2

Jump to solution

THIS method is the one that worked for me when the scammer hijacked my Roku.  The Roku was hijacked and then put into guest mode before I ever attempted to contact support. I ended up having to create a new account entirely because they reset the email, pw AND PIN that went to the account.

0 Kudos
Mar1

Cant Get Out Guest Mode

Jump to solution

I disconnected my roku device with my account. But before that I put my account on guest mode. Now I can't get out of guest mode and my pin doesn't work. I tried to look for the reset button on the tv but couldn't find it. The only options on settings I have is disable guest mode or network settings. When I try to put a sign out date it says there was a problem connecting to the server. Help please.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Cant Get Out Guest Mode

Jump to solution

@Mar1 wrote:

I disconnected my roku device with my account. But before that I put my account on guest mode. Now I can't get out of guest mode and my pin doesn't work. I tried to look for the reset button on the tv but couldn't find it. The only options on settings I have is disable guest mode or network settings. When I try to put a sign out date it says there was a problem connecting to the server. Help please.

What Roku device do you have? Include the model number and software version: Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos