Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot turn off remove sleep on Roku premiere

I have had the Roku Premiere for 7 months, works fine. Just today I notice the sleep mode pops up saying it will turn off if i don't press any button within a minute. I did not set sleep mode at any point! annoying. Really annoying having this come up every 10 minutes or so. This issue has been posted before. I followed the suggestions: disabled screen saver and bandwidth saver, sleep mode STILL comes up. Premiere Roku does not have a power option in settings so I can turn of this nuisance of a sleep mode. Please help. How can I successfully disable sleep mode for Roku Premiere. Surely, it should not be this hard.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Cannot turn off remove sleep on Roku premiere

A console Roku like the Premiere doesn't have a sleep timer, others who may have had a problem with it probably had a Roku TV. TV's have sleep timers, the TV your Premiere is attached to, check its menu and not the roku's, sorry.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for your response. Strange, because, when I press any button on my remote it's the Roku remote I'm using to stop the sleep mode from taking effect within the 60 seconds. My tv constantly remains on and it's sleep mode is well and truly off. I do not have a Roku tv, and as stated, tv is always on and it's sleep mode is off, so, it's without a doubt the Roku. How on earth is sleep mode being constantly activated if premiere does not have a sleep mode. This is just inexplicable. There has been previous queries on the Roku about sleep mode and premiere, so something is not right here. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

If its sleep timer, its counting down, what happens when it gets to zero? Have you let it get to zero?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

When it gets to zero goes straight back to the home page. I'm at my wit's end with it. Tried disabling both bandwidth and screensaver then doing a restart. Yep, sleep mode comes on every 10 minutes without fail and if you don't press any button to stop it goes to home page 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

I own both a 3920 Premiere and 3921 Premiere + and I haven't seen this feature show up. What happens if you go to Time in the menu, then Time format, turn off the time?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

If you're software 9.2 software which added the shortcut section that on premiere has Add Channels. On Roku tv's it adds a Sleep time shortcut, maybe something want wrong and they added to console rokus like premiere, anyways you turn off these shortcuts in the settings> Home Screen> Shortcut> Hide

Edmund
0 Kudos