Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LiquidSwordsman
Reel Rookie

Cannot screen mirror android to roku stick

My roku model is 3600X - Roku Stick and the Software Version: 10.5.0 build 4208-24(The latest version)

My android brand is assurance wireless. Android version 9.(Also fully updated to latest version) and the Model: U693CL

For the life for me, I can't figure out why my android won't screen mirror to my roku stick. I start the cast button on my phone, but it will only stay stuck at "searching for devices." The only way I can directly find my roku device on my phone is that I have to tap settings underneath to bring up the roku device name. Once I tap it, I'll get a notice saying "Starting video from Android_xxxx" with a half progress filled bar until it returns to the roku home screen after about 30 seconds.

I've tried almost everything towards resetting my network modem, restarting roku, restarting my phone, turning my phone's WIFI button off and on, even towards factory resetting my phone.

Anyone have any solutions or alternatives they can help with this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
LiquidSwordsman
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot screen mirror android to roku stick

Any help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LiquidSwordsman

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure that the Roku device and the mobile device are on the same wireless network when attempting to screen mirror?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@LiquidSwordsman 

Roku supports Miracast for mirroring for Android devices. 

Newer versions of Android support GoogleCast/ChromeCast for mirroring (Google disabled/deprecated Miracast protocol support in favor of their proprietary GoogleCast/ChromeCast protocol after version 6.x)

Most likely you have a protocol compatibility issue - unless Assurance Wireless re-enabled the deprecated/disabled Miracast functionality in Android 9, its using GoogleCast/ChromeCast to attempt to mirror.

Solutions:

1) You may be able to download/install an app which allows/restores Miracast-mirroring functionality - you'll probably need to test a lot of apps, and you may not find one.

2) Buy a GoogleCast/ChromeCast Android TV-based streaming device (e.g. O4KSB, TS4K, GCCWGTV, etc) - these can be obtained for $20-50.

0 Kudos