Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mycoled3
Channel Surfer

Cannot connect any iPhones to Roku

We have a Roku Premiere 3920R and now iPhone 13. We had iPhone 8 but upgraded thinking we couldn’t connect because of the phone. We still are unable to mirror our iPhones to the TV. We have followed all the instructions online but for some reason the iPhone will not show our Roku as an available device when trying to screen mirror. Both on same network (we have two but since roku only works with the non 5gh we changed the network on our phones) and still nothing. We even tried setting up airplay and scanning the barcode but it just spins and nothing happens. This issue happened on our iPhone 8 and now on our new iPhone 13. I can’t find a Roku customer service number. Is there anyone who could help? Thank you so much.  Just wanting to mirror the iPhone to the Roku like we can with android devices. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot connect any iPhones to Roku

@Mycoled3 

Just to confirm, you did go to Settings > AirPlay and HomeKit

Explain what happened when you went there.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Mycoled3
Channel Surfer

I did. I go there and choose set up under HomeKit - scan using the MyHome app and just keeps spinning, saying it may take a few minutes before eventually telling me to check if my router is plugged in lol. Thanks for responding btw! 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Your phone won’t show on your Roku till you add it. Go to the Apple AirPlay settings on your Roku. Follow the prompts. You then open up HomeKit on iPhone and follow the prompts. It works flawlessly. I have an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.2 and HomeKit 2.0. Restart your Roku and iPhone 

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

0 Kudos
Mycoled3
Channel Surfer

We have. When we do this the Roku gives us a QR code. We scan it from the Home app and also tried just from the camera… nothing. It just spins. The longest we left it was about 30 mins. Thanks for responding!! 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

What just spins? Your iPhone or Roku? Did you follow the instructions I linked you too? Are you running iOS 15.4? Did you try restarting your iPhone and Roku? It works. Believe me. 
Here you goHere you go

0 Kudos
Mycoled3
Channel Surfer

It keeps spinning in the iPhone. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Well that’s not a Roku thing. Did you try restarting your phone and Roku? Are you running iOS 15.4? So the HomeKit just spins? Did you try uninstalling HomeKit and reinstalling? Did you follow the instructions in the link? Please answer all questions and try all advice 

0 Kudos
Mycoled3
Channel Surfer

We have checked and both the iPhones and Roku are well above the required software versions. I attached the pictures I just took of what’s happening.

BD69DA20-2C64-43CC-8109-580D3D6EE3F4.png

8F9EEC39-8AFF-42F9-9ABF-2E69ADBC4E43.png

390A3CF8-A6F7-4E48-8648-4B3D99C18053.png

1C11BF7C-CEE1-4230-86A5-1C1A5FEB1F37.png

0 Kudos
Mycoled3
Channel Surfer

And it just gets stuck like that… just spinning…