Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acrobotic

Re: Can't uninstall HBO Max app

I was in the same situation and gave this a try (unsubscribing from HBO and deleting the app, restarting Roku, then adding the app back). It worked!

0 Kudos
mojominder

It is some seriously stupid moves too. HBO Max is acting up but the "fix" is supposed to be to uninstall and reinstall the channel - but Roku wants us to cancel our subscription!!! So sick of the qaulity of service nosediving

0 Kudos
HMac
Reel Rookie

This is awful that ROKU offers various trials and fails to deliver! I have tried the suggested methods in respect to HBO Max and still nothing. Cancelled the subscription, removed (uninstalled) HBO max from ROKU devices, unlinked ROKU devices, changed the password, signed back in, Re-added (reinstalled) HBO Max, clicked on "Go to channel" and it returns back to the HBO Max home page. The channel NEVER loads. Why is there no ROKU customer service phone to speak to a agent. I see many folks having the same issue though the posts are old... it seems Dec 2021 the work around no longer work.. any other suggestions.

0 Kudos
PhotoGal

Good point HMac. When I first installed the HBO Max app, I watched a few shows for free. I got a new Roku and decided to activate the free offer. Ever since then I am having the same problems. Every single time I try to watch the app, it buffers then returns to the home page. Reading through this page, this problem has been going on for over a year.  Roku needs to step up and fix this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PhotoGal,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channe'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to assist you further this problem.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
KKFell99

We had guests in our home that signed into their HBO account on our Roku. Once they left and we decided we wanted her own account, we signed up but can’t get their account off our Roku system. Even when we do your restart.

Kinda ridiculous!!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@KKFell99 

Sign out of the app. They signed in, right? So sign out. It's not hard to do.

Go to Settings > Sign Out

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Kinda ridiculous you asked in here. Answer is right here. Go to HBO

https://help.hbomax.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001276#:~:text=In%20the%20upper%2Dright%20corner,a%20dev....

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Edit

0 Kudos
HeidiTom

The link you provided leads to a page that says, 

"Article not found. Please check the url and try again."

0 Kudos