Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walterbyrd
Level 8

Can you listen to Roku4 on headphones and speakers?

My mother has poor hearing. It helps her to listen to roku by wearing headphones plugged into the speakers. But my father would like to watch at the same time, and listen to the speakers.

Can this be done?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
twiceover
Level 11

Re: Can you listen to Roku4 on headphones and speakers?

Not with the "Private Listening" function.  You would have to find something external that does the job for you.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

One suggestion would be to feed the Roku to an AVR that has aux out jacks, and use the aux out to feed something the headphones can attach to. Unfortunately, not an inexpensive and simple way, but it would work.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

What about with the smartphone app? Can two smartphones connect at the same time?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
flamebird
Level 7

I skipped from the 3 to the Ultra; but they both work with the "secret" code on the remote to let you listen on headphones and the TV.
Plug in your headphones on the remote, then use the volume contro. and push up, up; down, down; up,up up;down,down down.
This still works on my three and my ultra.  Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

"flamebird" wrote:
I skipped from the 3 to the Ultra; but they both work with the "secret" code on the remote to let you listen on headphones and the TV.
Plug in your headphones on the remote, then use the volume contro. and push up, up; down, down; up,up up;down,down down.

I thought they eliminated that back in 7.5?  Did they bring it back?
0 Kudos
flamebird
Level 7

"twiceover" wrote:
"flamebird" wrote:

Crap, I hope they didn't eliminate it. I'm not where I can check right now; but can't remember if I've used it since the 8.0 updates. . . Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

"flamebird" wrote:
"twiceover" wrote:
"flamebird" wrote:

Crap, I hope they didn't eliminate it. I'm not where I can check right now; but can't remember if I've used it since the 8.0 updates. . . Smiley Sad

7.5 was over a year ago now, so I think you would have noticed...?
0 Kudos
flamebird
Level 7

"twiceover" wrote:
"flamebird" wrote:
"twiceover" wrote:
"flamebird" wrote:

7.5 was over a year ago now, so I think you would have noticed...?

I didn't think it had been more than a month or so; so I checked when I got home.  It still works fine on both my Roku boxes.  Had me worried for a minute there.
0 Kudos