Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Can't screen mirror from Windows 10 laptop to Roku

For me, to get it to connect the first time I had to follow the steps here. Since doing that, connecting hasn't been a problem: 

(1) Set Roku screen mirroring to "prompt first" (NOT always); (2) RE-BOOT ROKU; (3) Go to PC action center and click connect; (4) NOW your PC will list your Roku device, but it still won't connect until you; (5) Go back to Roku settings and change to "Always."

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Can't screen mirror from Windows 10 laptop to Roku Streaming Stick+

The last (third) suggestion on this webpage worked for me!  https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-roku-screen-mirroring-not-working-on-windows-10/      I have a Roku Ultra and I updated the wireless network driver on my laptop running Windows 10.  I did not see a Network Adapter that said "wireless" so I took an educated guess on Intel Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235 and it worked after restarting PC.       I hope this helps someone before reading and trying everything I did first!     

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

just follow these steps 

• Select the Screen Mirroring Settings on your projector as necessary.
  • Press the LAN button on the remote control to switch to the Screen Mirroring source. ...
  • Select Apps.
  • Select Settings.
  • Select Devices.
  • Select Connected Devices.
  • Click Add a device. ...
  • Select your projector from the list.

https://printerhelpcenter.com/how-to-fix-canon-printer-error-b200/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Can't screen mirror from Windows 10 laptop to Roku

Hi Guys,

The issue looks firewall related for Windows 10. I run Vipre firewall and had to set Trusted Inbound and Trusted Outbound to "Allow" for the file "wudfhost.exe" and I set Public Inbound and Public Outbound to "Block".

Try setting a rule in your Firewall allowing "wudfhost.exe" as above

So what's wudfhost.exe?...according to Comodo: 
"WUDFHost.exe is a legitimate file. This process is known as Windows Driver Foundation – User mode Driver Framework Host Process. It belongs to Windows Operating System and was developed by Microsoft Corporation. It is commonly stored in C:\Program Files. 

Also...

I'm running Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18383 with all updates. I was having the same issue being unable to screen mirror to Roku devices (I have 2 different Roku TVs and a Roku Ultra) yet being able to cast from say the YouTube app to the Roku devices.

..you could also try below if issue persists:

Temporarily disable Windows Firewall & network protection as attached. 

Disable Domain, Private and Public Network => set to "off"

Connect to your Roku again(Action Center > Connect ...choose your Roku Device and it hopefully connect this time.

Re-enable Domain, Private and Public Network => set to "on"

...if that doesn't work try also disabling any other firewalls you have running Norton/McAffee etc and try connecting again as above.

It's seems to have to train the firewall to accept the Screen Mirror from your Windows 10 PC.

ac2.fw.pngfirewall.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I finally found a solution for my situation but it may not work for everybody.

I changed the input on my TV from Roku to just the television.  I selected Project (duplicate screen) on my Windows 10 laptop and it finally found my Roku Streaming Stick+.  It streamed successfully.  So I changed the television input back to Roku and now my laptop finds the Roku Streaming Stick+ every time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Uninstall, restart and reinstall your display drivers. That fixed it for me

0 Kudos