Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't connect my phone to Roku tv via casting or HDMI.

I have a pixel 3a and I have been wanting to screen mirror my phone to my TCL Roku tv. I have tried to cast to my TV but I can never find my TV on my device. It always say no devices found. I just recently bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter and connectedy phone to the TV via cable. It didn't work either. I've tried all I can think of. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Can't connect my phone to Roku tv via casting or HDMI.

I had this same problem. Purchased a $14 usb c to hdmi cable just find my phone is not HML compatible meaning it doesnt support that connection. You can check your phone at hmltech.org to see if it supports hml.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

If you want to send content that is 'on' your phone (music, photos, video files) the roku remote app should do it, but unless the device supports miracast protocol you can't mirror the screen.

For most content sources you can find a native roku app/channel for it instead of getting it through the phone.

0 Kudos