Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sig1374
Level 7

Can't Get Media Player To Continue Playing Nonstop

I'm trying to use our Roku TCL TV (43S421) to loop JPG files in our showroom. I'd like it to just loop 24/7 endlessly...but after a few hours it seems to back off and stop looping. I've tried the bandwidth saver and checked several settings but no luck. Anyone else using it for this with any luck? We have a smaller unit that runs the files just fine but this new version will not. 

8 REPLIES 8\
LegacyCC
Level 7

Re: Can't Get Media Player To Continue Playing Nonstop

We are having the same problem. It use to do this for us no problem but now cannot get it to continually loop using USB. 

Did you ever figure out a solution? 

0 Kudos
IRC
Level 7

They definitely changed the way media player works.  Even the look is different.  Wish you could turn off the auto update.  Hopefully they push an update that allows the looping to be a toggle so the user can choose what function is performed.

0 Kudos
TravisAKline
Level 8

I have this exact problem with the Roku TV at my work - we loop images on it and it seems every 2 to 3 hours it will stop and go back to the main menu - in the old version on RMP it looped all day with no issues. I ran an update to the RMP app today and I am hoping they fixed the issue.

LegacyCC
Level 7

Please let me know if you find a fix. 

0 Kudos
TravisAKline
Level 8

It is not fixed - in fact it seems to go back to the menu after a shorter amount of time now Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Gary-94080
Level 12

it is the new and improved Roku Media Player.  it's been a topic of discussion for a couple of months.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Latest-Roku-Media-Player-update-...

the latest edition is version 5.3 build 5 Aug 25, 2020

I can verify the photo play problem.  mine exited to the home screen at a certain point.

my Roku also looses audio at times when I'm using the RMP.  have you noticed the same thing?

0 Kudos
TravisAKline
Level 8

@Gary-94080 wrote:

it is the new and improved Roku Media Player.  it's been a topic of discussion for a couple of months.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Latest-Roku-Media-Player-update-...

I can verify the photo play problem.  mine exited to the home screen at a certain point.

my Roku also looses audio at times when I'm using the RMP.  have you noticed the same thing?

I have been following the "Improved" media player on here.

I do not use sound on my slideshow - just images so I do not know if it works or not. I just want a slideshow of images to loop until I tell it to stop. Seems like an easy request and something that the old player did just fine.

Gary-94080
Level 12

@TravisAKline wrote:

@Gary-94080 wrote:

I have been following the "Improved" media player on here.

I do not use sound on my slideshow - just images so I do not know if it works or not. I just want a slideshow of images to loop until I tell it to stop. Seems like an easy request and something that the old player did just fine.

if you can get a Western Digital WD TV Live it will do that and because it is no longer in production there are no "upgrades" from Western Digital that will effect it in the future.  WD TV Live will do audio and slide show at the same time.  I don't believe Roku has that capacity.

with the Roku RMP I mainly use it to play audio files and have noted the erratic behavior there.  I just ran the photo player to see what the issue there was.  

I just asked to see if you noticed a loss of audio to see who was effected by this.

0 Kudos