Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captain86
Reel Rookie

Can multiple roku media players play the same video file at the same time

Jump to solution

So given that I have a media server / windows media library and it's accessible to watch videos on my roku media player with the roku media player app. 

CAN multiple roku media players watch the same video at the same time.

IE: I have on the local network a laptop with media server. I have roku in the bedroom and roku in the living room. I should I be able to watch the same video at the same time in both the bedroom and living room roku ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can multiple roku media players play the same video file at the same time

Jump to solution
One one more concern. The source you are streaming must support more than one simultaneous stream. Most support at least two but there are those that say they only support one.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy

Jump to solution

I'm speaking from near complete ignorance on the subject, so take this with a grain of salt ...

As long as your media server can keep up, it seems to me that you could view two programs at the same time on two different Rokus, no matter if they were the same or different programs.  Each would be its own stream, however, so unless you somehow could start them at exactly the same time, there would be a time lag between them.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

makaiguy

Jump to solution
One one more concern. The source you are streaming must support more than one simultaneous stream. Most support at least two but there are those that say they only support one.

0 Kudos