Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
droopdog7
Channel Surfer

Can I use roku app for private listening with Roku Ultra

Looking into roku ultra and noticed that it has a remote listening option and also Bluetooth.  But one of the things I really like about my older roku is private listening through the app.  Seems so much better to me than having to link my headphones through Bluetooth and also allows me to use wires headphones attached to phone if I want.  Wondering if I can still use this feature with ultra 4800?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I use roku app for private listening with Roku Ultra

@droopdog7-- I don't have a 4800 in service, but I don't see why not.  You just have to have both the phone and Roku connected to the same local network.  I do exactly this with my Streaming Stick+ occasionally.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Can I use roku app for private listening with Roku Ultra

@droopdog7 

Yes, private listening via the app is available for the 4800.

0 Kudos