Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rishey

Can I turn off upscaling on Roku Ultra 2020 so that my TV can do it instead?

My Roku Ultra 2020 upscales everything to 4k, even if it's HD or SD, but I would like to turn this off so that my TV does the upscaling since it's better at it than the Roku. I know I can do this manually by changing the device's resolution to 1080p but is it possible to set the Roku so that it just passes through the source resolution so that the TV does the upscaling but if the source is 4K it still passes through as 4K? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Jrenoe2000

Re: Can I turn off upscaling on Roku Ultra 2020 so that my TV can do it instead?

@rishey wrote:

My Roku Ultra 2020 upscales everything to 4k, even if it's HD or SD, but I would like to turn this off so that my TV does the upscaling since it's better at it than the Roku. I know I can do this manually by changing the device's resolution to 1080p but is it possible to set the Roku so that it just passes through the source resolution so that the TV does the upscaling but if the source is 4K it still passes through as 4K? Thanks.

I agree. I also only want HDR content to display in HDR. I want HD to display in HD. My OLED is otherwise stuck in HDR all the time reducing the life of the panel

0 Kudos

Re: Can I turn off upscaling on Roku Ultra 2020 so that my TV can do it instead?

I have the same question.  My Roku Ultra upconverts everything to 4k and I would rather have my TV do any conversion.  Is there any way to just do this?

0 Kudos