Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taybay
Binge Watcher

Bumped remote can't fix display

I accidentally bumped my remote and now my the resolution is huge. I went into display settings and I can't get it reset.  This is in a Roku device on my living room TV. I have a Roku TV in my bedroom. If I were to factory reset my Roku device I would need to pair the device. I don't know what that is or how to do that. Is there a way to fix this on the remote itself without going into my settings? The screen is so large I can't see what in doing on it. Please help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bumped remote can't fix display

Check your TV remote for "p. size" or "zoom" or something similar.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Taybay
Binge Watcher

There is nothing like that on my Roku remote. I bumped it so obviously I should be able to fix this on the remote itself without going into the settings.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Taybay wrote:

There is nothing like that on my Roku remote. I bumped it so obviously I should be able to fix this on the remote itself without going into the settings.

No not on the remote for the Roku.  Check the remote for the TV.

I'd also try restarting your Roku to see if that helps.  If you have sufficient control with the Roku remote, the menu path is Settings > System > System restart.   Otherwise, just pull the power plug for 30 seconds or so then plug it back in.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Taybay
Binge Watcher

I have a Hitachi tv and it has a ton of buttons. No idea what they all are. Pretty sure I bumped the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
atc98092

No, the Roku remote cannot alter your screen size. That is solely something controlled by the TV, and your Roku player has no such setting. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Taybay
Binge Watcher

I have a Hitachi tv it's about 8-10 years old. I see no buttons on it with a p or zoom.

0 Kudos