Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mskroko
Reel Rookie

Build 4205-C2 has broken multiple apps and needs to be rolled back

My Ultra 4800X just updated to the latest Version/Build, 10.0.0 Build 4205-C2 and, since then, numerous apps, are not functioning properly. Fubo and Hulu are unable to load channels or the channel guide and the Tablo Tablo app cannot connect to Tablo (even though my iOS app can).

The Roku Dev team needs to rollback Build 4205-C2 ASAP

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Build 4205-C2 has broken multiple apps and needs to be rolled back

All the apps are behaving normally on my 4800 and build 4205, including Hulu (I dont have Hulu Live TV, which you imply you have), though I cant test FuboTV or Tablo (dont subscribe/use).

FYI, there was a Hulu app update (6.43.2) yesterday as well, which may be the source of the Hulu problem (could have been Fubo and Tablo updates too for that matter).

If you haven't already:

1) Check for updates again (Settings/System/System update/Check now) - try again

2) Restart your Roku (Settings/System/System update/Check now) - try again

You may or may not be able to revert your firmware: Official ROKU 4K (HDR) Premiere +/Ultra Owners Thread | Page 788 | AVS Forum 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Build 4205-C2 has broken multiple apps and needs to be rolled back

I have found that a Roku version update doesn't always bring with it an update of all installed channels.  After each Roku update I always manually start an additional update as @StreamerUser suggested, and it often updates a handful of channels to versions keyed to the new Roku version.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos