Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smith30121

Bluetooth

Jump to solution

Can I Bluetooth any speaker to my Roku ultra

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bluetooth

Jump to solution

@smith30121

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Bluetooth functionality with the Roku devices are to connect and exchange data from an external device (tablet, phone, etc).

For more information about how to use Bluetooth with a Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I connect a Bluetooth® device to my Roku® device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bluetooth

Jump to solution

@smith30121

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Bluetooth functionality with the Roku devices are to connect and exchange data from an external device (tablet, phone, etc).

For more information about how to use Bluetooth with a Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I connect a Bluetooth® device to my Roku® device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanOmaha
Reel Rookie

Re: Bluetooth - not on the ultra - at least not how you think

Jump to solution

What a scam, I went out and bought the ultra because it had Bluetooth.   What good is Bluetooth connectivity to my phone to then play over my Bluetooth speaker - when I could have done that without the ultra with private listening?  I’ve been a roku customer for many years, but this might just make me check out the fire stick.   Very deceptive marketing there.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DanOmaha

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, Roku device has Bluetooth capability in that devices can transmit information to the Roku device through Bluetooth.

For more information about Bluetooth with Roku devices, visit our Support page here: Connect a Bluetooth device

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joemaine
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I read a ROKU press release today that stated that the 9102R Streambar and 4802R Ultra will have bluetooth output (to wireless earplugs) in the upcoming 11.5 software update. Is this true and when will the software be available?

0 Kudos
DanOmaha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply - but how useful is Bluetooth if you can and usually would just connect over wifi?  When something like this says Bluetooth, nobody thinks controlling it with Bluetooth - they think - hey, I can connect this to speakers.