Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Bluetooth connect to a non roku speaker

I have a Deca lite 40 watt Bluetooth speaker and I can’t gond a way to activate Bluetooth on my

TCL 40S325 40 Inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV (2019)

on the help section it talks about connecting to a Bluetooth channel, which ICan’t find so if I got to spend the money for a Bluetooth sound bar after already spent the money on this really nice speaker

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Bluetooth connect to a non roku speaker

If the speaker has wired inputs, connect to the TV's headphone or optical outputs.    The only way to connect to non-roku bluetooth device is to install the roku phone app on an android phone or iphone and use it to pass audio to the device paired with the phone.   That's convenient with headphones but would be weird with speakers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Bluetooth connect to a non roku speaker

The roku's that are bluetooth like the Roku soundbar and wireless speakers are only receivers, not transmitters. It will accept music from your cellphone, but it CAN"T send signals to Bluetooth speaker of ANY kind. 

Edmund
0 Kudos