Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Black screen

I’ve done all the troubleshooting steps and still have a black screen. I unplugged both the power cord and the hdmi. When I unplug the power cord the Roku restarts and the roku words load on the screen but then it just loads to a black screen. I’ve tried a different hdmi port and replaced the batteries in the remote also.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Black screen

Both of my Roku started doing the same thing today. I think it has to do with an update that it received last night. I did find if I went into my tv and changed any settings it would come back to life and work just fine. Now that only last while I am using it, if it turn off the tv and come back latter I only get a blank screen and have to go into the tv setting and change something. Also on both Roku the remote is only working intermittent. Really strange but it is happing to both Roku on separate TV, both starting the same day.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Black screen

Yes. I tried that also. Still the same thing. I’ve done a hard reboot a few times. It will ask me for the language and then the WiFi settings but after that it goes to the same black screen!! My roku tv in the living room is just fine.
0 Kudos