Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mochina
Reel Rookie

Best Roku streaming devices for Sharp Aquos TV?

I have an older Sharp Aquos TV, LC-60C8470U, which supports only up to 1080p or i resolution. It has 4 HDMI ports, including an HDMI in, with ARC. What is the best Roku product to use with it?

6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Best Roku streaming devices for Sharp Aquos TV?

I would say there is no "best".  Any of the current models will work with that TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mochina
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your response.  However, I have seen customer reviews that indicate that Roku 4K products don't work at all with non-4K TVs, and other reviews that indicate that they do, but without the 4K features. Can you or anyone clarify this issue?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Unless you are aware of a specific compatibility issue with your TV, I would suggest just getting whichever you prefer, but be sure to get it from a place with a good return policy/process.  For example, Amazon, Target, Costco… have all been great in my experience.  I would not buy it from Roku directly.  They seem to be like many manufacturers that dabble in retail on the side ie: not so great on the returns.

MilesT
Roku Guru

Cheap low end express should be just fine for an older TV.

More expensive models have 5ghz WiFi support, and some support hardwire network connection (with a cheap USB Ethernet dongle).  

High end streambar may improve sound quality of old TV and can be extended with additional wireless speakers.  I have been very happy with mine on a old cheap TV, hardwire Ethernet connection.

Personally I am not a fan of the sticks, as they force use of a wireless radio based remote, and there have been many reports of battery drain.  All the external box models can use IR remotes including many 3rd party ones like oneforall which can control both Roku and TV (although the Roku can offer some limited TV control through CEC/ARC on HDMI, if your TV supports that).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Joe1943

Just purchased Roku and it will not recognize my Sharp tv.

Suggestion

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

What do you mean by, "it will not recognize my Sharp tv"?  Are you trying to set up the remote to control your TV or something else?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos