Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetTasha
Level 8

Best ROKU product for "Free TV" with Roku Express

Jump to solution

Best ROKU product for "Free TV" with Roku Express

Based on info provided in this forum, I believe theproduct that most fits my needs is Roku Express, but I need further clarification.

The description for Roku Express says "Stream free TV, live news, sports, music, movies, and more." Does "Free TV" mean programs that I current get using my indoor antenna (Mohu)? If so, then how would I watch a sport program for a station that isn't receivable with the Mohu?

Thanks.
SweetTasha

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 15

Re: Best ROKU product for "Free TV" with Roku Express

Jump to solution

The Roku Express will not use your over-the-air antenna at all.  It connects to your Wi-Fi network and receives programming from the internet.

At any time, you can use your TV remote to go back to watching local over the air shows via your antenna, if you wish.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

Streaming and things on your antenna are totally separate things.

There are thousands of channels on Roku.  Some are paid (HBO, Netflix, Amazon etc.) and some are free (with commercials.)  Some have various "hybrid" models like: pay a little and get a few commercials, pay more and get none, or "free" if you have a cable or satellite TV provider.  It's a little complicated at first - kind of the wild wild west, but you'll figure it out.

0 Kudos
SweetTasha
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Strega

Permit me to re-state my question. I've decided on Roku Express, mainly because it's the best fit for my budgetSmiley Happy My only remaining concern is whether Express will still utilize the Mohu antenna, even though I expect to attach Express with an HDMI cable. That concern derives from the fact that I get tons of pixelation with the Mohu. If Express will still utilize the Mohu, then I expect that I will still get the same degree of pixelation.

Assuming that the answer is "Yes, Express will rely on the Mohu," then I would ask whether another of the Roku products (obviously with a higher price tag) would work around the Mohu, thus eliminating the pixelation?

TIA for your continued help.

SweetTasha.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

The Roku Express will not use your over-the-air antenna at all.  It connects to your Wi-Fi network and receives programming from the internet.

At any time, you can use your TV remote to go back to watching local over the air shows via your antenna, if you wish.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SweetTasha
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Strega

Thanks for your reply. I'm now totally comfortable purchasing the Express.

SweetTasha.

0 Kudos